Saturday, August 7, 2010

Textile Painting.......Class Samples


I had time to squeeze out one more class sample for Saturday's class

I need something that I can use for my Machine Quilting Demo in class...


Fabric has been painted...
Now I am ready to audition border fabrics





I like the black/gray color in this border fabric...

Unlike the black and very white fabrics I usually use.

For some reason, this piece didn't like the stark whites & blacks.
It required more of the blackish gray shades.

I am listening...


So, I pulled out my stash of B & W:


I sorted out all of the very white & blacks...

Kept the black & gray fabrics...




The border treatment does not distract from the central focal point, and is still interesting.

I will use this piece in class to demo a few machine quilting tricks I have up my sleeves




Just so you know I don't do everything bold and over the top:


Here is my very subtle class sample of leaves

Yes, I can do subtle too!



Look what is growing out behind the Thread Shed


Hollyhocks




They are larger than life...




The STAR shaped center is so interesting


We are headed for a Farm Auction in the morning...
I need to hit the hay ~

Good Night...

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


CLICK HERE to learn more about Adventures in Art Quilting Series

CLICK HERE to view Couching Fibers Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view Scalloped Binding Tips


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment